Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickeylou72076

Why did the fees go from $130 to one $70 it's like a bait and switch?

It listed the fees we accepted and then at the very end it through win an additional $40 fee?
2 Replies
mesquitebean
Level 15

Did you choose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund?   If so, that payment method has an additional 39.99 service fee (44.99 for California filers.)   If you chose that and haven't filed, we can tell you how to remove that optional service and then pay the fees upfront with credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store. 

Or by "at the very end it through win" (sic), do you mean you have already filed?   If so, has your return been accepted?   If rejected, you may be able to remove it and pay another way.

You appear to be using Online Deluxe which is currently $40 for Federal and $40 for state.   At least that is the product displayed above underneath your question.   That would normally total $80.   So I'm not sure how you had a $130 fee.   For instance, did you choose an optional add-on like MAX Benefits?

Check your fees this way and report the products and fees you are seeing.  There might be something else you can remove if you haven't filed.

• With your return open, go to the left menu column and click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools popup window choose MY FEES.
  • What products and fees are displayed?
mesquitebean
Level 15

@ mickeylou72076 

I added some additional info above since it's not clear if by "at the very end it through win" (sic) you meant you have actually transmitted the return or not.   If you have already efiled, have you gotten an accepted/rejected notice yet?   If your efiled return turns out to be rejected, and if you chose to pay out of the Federal refund, you may be able to remove a "pay out of refund" selection and then pay upfront before resubmitting the return.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v