Why did my stimulus check get rejected

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

We would have no idea. This is a new program. All TurboTax did is give you access to the IRS portal.

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

What would I need too do 

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

It depends on your circumstance. If the IRS has your direct deposit information and if you qualify, you will get a check.

For more information, see the resources below:

How will the stimulus package impact me?

What do I need to know about the Coronavirus Stimulus Package?

@tijhaun2

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

Hey, did you figured out anything yet? Mine got rejected also, and I’m not sure what to do lol. I definitely qualify so... idk why it says it was rejected though this new portal. 

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

If you are trying to E-file and you already filed a 2019 tax return it will reject because the IRS will not allow two returns with the same SSN.  You will have to mail it.

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

I was wondering if someone  can help me. I don't know how to set up and ask a question  so I'm asking by' reply' I got my w2 and  days later I filed my taxes. I answered all the questions  turbo tax asked me and all if them were mandatory  questions to complete my taxes. Two questions were asked, did you recieve  your 1st/2nd stimulus.  I answered yes I got the 1st and no to the 2nd. Carried on and saw my total refund and noticed $2,400 was added on. Kinda confused at that point. So I get my stimulus check in the mail days later go to cash it and its rejected. I feel like it's because of turbo tax. I don't get how it was okay of them to simply ask me a yes or no question then pull my stimulus from me...and  give it to me at a even later date..I've waited a month to recieve my check.   Now I have to wait til beginning  of March to get my money. I wasn't notified by turbo tax or informed it would mess my incoming check up and I had no choice if I wanted to file my taxes.  I had to answer yes or no. Do you think that's the reason my check was rejected? And who do I speak with about this because I'm throughly upset this has happened  due to lack of communicating on turbo taxes side. If I'd known it would hurt me, I wouldn't  of filed my taxes. Which is insane anyone should be able to file and not be at ride with their checks.  It's just absolutely messed up to me :( and it should be fixed!

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

This is an IRS issue with certainty.  The fact that you filed your tax return with the stimulus information that was correct on the date you filed was the correct action on your part.  TurboTax is automatically including the new IRS Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet to make sure you get what you are entitled to.  We would have no knowledge about the check you received or why it was rejected.

The IRS has not yet begun to accept e-file tax returns with the exception of a small number of them during their testing period.  The IRS begins accepting returns through e-file on February 12th. Be sure to keep your records and the check copy that was rejected (if it was returned to you), with the rest of your tax records.