geebeegb1

Why did my fee for Turbo Tax change from when I started my return?

geebeegb1

Was given a price of $59 when I started the return in February - now told it is $79.99. Nothing else changed. Is this based on the amount of my refund or just something misleading?
CarissaM

TurboTax had an early filing discount that was good prior to March 1, 2019. In order to take advantage of this fee discount, you would have had to pay for and/or file your return prior to March 1, 2019. 

geebeegb1

Kind of interesting since Premier is needed to file a return with K-1 income and K-1s are not due to taxpayers until March 15th. Kind of hard to file before having the K-1s. Sure wish I had been told this when I started the return. Guess I will have to look for other filing options since I feel misled. Too bad since I have been using TurboTax for years and this is the first time I have had this issue.

All the versions increased on March 1.  Every year the early discounted prices expire.  You can pay early to lock in the lower price.
geebeegb1

Like I said, I did not know this. Guess I must have missed discounts in the past but no info on paying early to get a lower price provided to me. Just the initial price and then an increased price when I checked tonight once I had entered all information.