turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why Did My 2015 TurboTax Home & Business Crash?

I installed today on my iMac macOS Mojave, version 10.14.6 from a never used Intuit TurboTax CD. I get a crash report when I try to open the program. When I posted the crash report twice today here, both were marked as spam. I don't know how to assess the crash report to determine why the crash.

I will be grateful for advice on what's causing the issue(s) and how to resolve.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

2015 would have been written for a much older operating system.  Probably need a MAC with Snow Leopard,  El Captain or older.

Carl
Level 15

Also unfortunately, TTX 2015 is no longer supported. TTX only supports their software for the current tax filing year and three years back.

TurboTax 2014 and 2015 crash on Mac 10.13.4 (and later).

That is a known issue that seems to have been created by Apple with a change in OSX 10.13.4. There was no problem with OSX 10.13.3.

Since this is not a defect in the TurboTax software, but is due to a change that Apple made which causes an internal Apple java script function to crash while reading an embedded java script component in the TurboTax application, TurboTax will not be issuing any update to the TurboTax software. ( An update would be useless anyway since the software must be running in order to apply an update and the software will not run at all.)

TurboTax issued a "fix script" that no longer exists since all support for 2014 and 2015 have been dropped.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies