Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why cant Turbo Tax help me? The state is requesting my w-2 and withholdings. It wa saccepted according to turbo Tax. Now its not... i guess they dont do what you pay them

Shouldnt the state have a copy of my W-2 to begin with?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Why cant Turbo Tax help me? The state is requesting my w-2 and withholdings. It wa saccepted according to turbo Tax. Now its not... i guess they dont do what you pay them

TurboTax has no control over state policies. Some returns are chosen at random for security checks. The state is making sure that you are the one in possession of that W-2. 

Accepted only means the state found no reason to reject the return on its initial check. That check does not include everything on your return. after acceptance, the return goes through further verification. perhaps what you entered for state withholding is not what's on the W-2 or perhaps your employer never sent in the W-2s. Most states require that the employer file copies of the state w-2 directly with the state. 

Comply with their request for the form ASAP so the return can be processed.  

The state is requesting my w-2 and withholdings

This happens from time to time for reasons the state does not have to explain.

Yes, your employer is required to do this also.

@wallaceelliott 

Carl
Level 15

Just because the state or the IRS accepted your return as filed, does not mean they agree with it. While not common, it is not unheard of for the IRS or the state to request you send them documents to justify/verify your return. Follow the instructions in the letter you got from the state to absolute perfection. Do no more or no less than "exactly" what that letter tells you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies