why cant i begin my 2019 returns?

mrtanlines1

why cant i begin my 2019 returns?

im trying to begin my 2019 return, I had to do a lot of updates to my computer yesterday so now im late starting.. but turbotax will not start my 2019 returns.. 

why cant i begin my 2019 returns?

Windows or Mac?  What happens when you click on the TurboTax icon on your screen to start the program?

why cant i begin my 2019 returns?

That's right.  You missed the deadline at midnight on October 15.  You cannot start a new return in online TurboTax now.  You can purchase and download the desktop software for a 2019 return and use it on a full PC or Mac--not a mobile device.   There should be a banner on the screen where you were trying to start a return that tells you that you cannot start a new return online now.  You can get the software from TT or you can buy it from various retailers like Costco, Amazon, Sam's, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

why cant i begin my 2019 returns?

on line prep and e-filing are now closed.  you'll have to get the desktop software to prepare your return or download the forms from the IRS website and manually prepare it.