turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why arent my michigan returns ready?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Because they have not be given final approval for use by the state of MI ... many forms are not yet ready. 

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_mi_online_individual.html

tab72266
Returning Member

OK, I just clicked on that link and everything I am waiting for according to turbotax, it says it is not ready, but it says it is ready on that link for e-file and credit karma, Jackson Hewitt and H7R block and I am pretty sure others are filing, so what the hell is going on with turbotax? AND of course, unless you are paying for their support, good luck trying to get a hold of someone, unless someone knows how to do that. HELP???

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

We definitely care about you whether you have paid for live support or not. TurboTax reliably files thousands of tax returns every year.

There is only one form left on the list with a date and it will be ready by February 6, 2020.

If you are using the ONLINE program then complete the state interview again to update the return ... then click on REVIEW to see if there is anything still holding you back.

tab72266
Returning Member

Thank you for getting back in contact with me. This is really pissing me off with turbotax right now and without paying for service, there is no way of contacting them to find out what the heck is going on. I did what you said and this is what I am still getting. 

It looks like some of your tax forms aren't ready
You've done a great job starting your taxes early, but it turns out some areas aren't yet ready for your specific tax situation.
If you sign up for email notifications, we'll let you know as soon as your forms are ready.

Form

Available to File

Michigan Individual Forms

Form MI-1040CR7

Home Heating Credit

02/06/2020

BUT YET, I am on turbotax site and I see this link https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_mi_online_individual.html 

So what is going on and how can I contact turbotax without paying for service?

Thank you

Tom

tab72266
Returning Member

But according to this link which is through their site, it states that the forms that I am filing are available. So what is going on and how can I contact turbotax support without actually paying for it since they are screwed up? https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_mi_online_individual.html

@tab72266 wrote:

But according to this link which is through their site, it states that the forms that I am filing are available. So what is going on and how can I contact turbotax support without actually paying for it since they are screwed up? https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_mi_online_individual.html

The link specifically shows - Form MI-1040CR-7, Home Heating Credit Claim - Estimated date available 02/06/2020

Available on PAPER  and available to efile are totally different items ... the state must put out technical specs that the program technicians must incorporate into the program then test it and get it approved by the state which takes time ... the expected date this will be functional is 2/6 so you will need to wait. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies