Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I being charged

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Why am I being charged

What are you being charged for? Do you mean that you are being charged a fee for using TurboTax, or that you owe tax?

If you are being charged for TurboTax, are you using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software? If you are using TurboTax Online, review your fees. What fees do not understand?

Why am I being charged

If you are using the TurboTax online web based editions of either Plus, Deluxe or Premium you have to pay the online account fees for whichever edition you are using to either print or e-file your tax return.

If you purchased one of the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions, you were supposed to install the TurboTax software on your personal computer,  Then complete and file the tax return using the software you purchased.

If for some reason you ended up on the TurboTax online web based editions instead, then you need to download the tax data file to the desktop edition which you already paid for.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for transferring the tax data file from the online edition to the desktop edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/switch-turbotax-on...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies