Solved: Why am i being charged for state return

Why am i being charged for state return

Why am i being charged for state return

Unfortunately, as of 3/16/2017 ,11:59 p.m., It is no longer $0 charge to prepare a state return. It is now a fee of $29.99 to prepare a state return. TurboTax prices are set at the time of purchase. We apologize, but our early filer promotions have ended at this time.

Why am i being charged for state return

Why am i being charged for state return

The software I bought says 1 free state return, Home & Business? When I started state return it asked me if I wanted to use my 1 free state return. Since I don't own anything do I have to file?

Why am i being charged for state return

Calling BS on the damned extra charge to file 1 state return after PAYING FOR THE STATE RETURN FILING with TTPRO.   Twenty years plus using TT .. and this PISSES ME OFF to the max.   

Don't sell me a product then JACK UP THE CHARGES more and more EVERY YEAR to use the damned product for what it was ALREDY PAID FOR.   

#$%^&*() sell the product than charge the customer to use it.  GETTING AS BAD AS MICROSOFT and SPIRIT AIRLINES ... NEXT you will be charging for ink then data fee then who know what the Hell as optional and add-on fees.    Bait and Switch %^&*()_ 

Why am i being charged for state return

"NEW MEMBER" YOUR ASS -- I've been using TT for 20 yrs and way back when was on the PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT Group.    CHARGING for what the customer already paid for IS PURE DAMNED BS.

Why am i being charged for state return

@ airbus737 

This is a user community forum, not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  The moniker "new member" relates only to joining this discussion forum, and has nothing to do with how long you have been using TurboTax.    It means you've only recently joined this forum with that particular profile name.   Perhaps you've used the forum before under a different profile name.  That member status can progress from time to time through various levels according to your forum activity, but your profile shows you just signed up today.

There's not an edition called TTPRO, so I'm not sure what edition you are using.  Did you mean Premier?   Or are you referring to the professional software Intuit ProSeries?  If so, this forum is only for consumer level TurboTax.

If you are referring to a TurboTax personal product, are you referring to the state efile fee in the desktop product?  If so, there is a 24.99 fee to efile each state return, except no fee for New York state.   There is no fee to print and mail the state returns.