Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Who sends out the 1095 forms and when do they have to send them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnaB

Depending which form you receive, it is either the Federal or state Marketplace (1095-A), the insurance provider (1095-B) or a large employer who offered coverage (1095-C.

The Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C are not reported on your return.  They should be kept for your records.  If you need them to verify which months you were covered, they must be postmarked by February 28.

If you had insurance at any point through the Federal or state Marketplace (commonly known as Obamacare), you will need Form 1095-A to file.  These should be mailed out by January 31; however, the Marketplace expected them to be available online by the middle of January.  Please login to your online health insurance marketplace account to access the digital copy.

I am the father of a 10 yr old daughter and have full custody of the child. my ex is mandated by law to have medical insurance on her and does through medicaid in New york. She receives a 1095-a form and i never can get it because she either loses it or something. My issue is that i need to have the form to file me taxes is that correct and what should i do to get this issue resolved.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, you will need the 1095A to report your dependent's medical insurance. My suggestion is to follow what TurboTaxAnnaB mentions above to either create an account or have your ex-spouse create an account through the health insurance marketplace to access a digital copy of the 1095A. You may do so at the following link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies