Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Who can I claim as a dependent in nebraska?

I'm trying to figure out if my fiance can claim me on his taxes as a dependent in nebraska
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Are you really asking if you can be claimed on your BF's federal return as his dependent?   Did you live with your BF for the whole year?  Did you have less than $4700 of income -- not counting any Social Security?   Your BF might be able to claim you as a qualified relative dependent on his federal return if you meet the criteria--and then he would get the $500 credit for other dependents on his federal return.

IRS interview to help determine who can be claimed:

https://www.irs.gov/help/ita/who-can-i-claim-as-a-dependent

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And.....if you were really asking about your BF's Nebraska tax return....information flows from the federal return to the state return form.  So if he can claim you on his federal return that information will flow to the NE return and the software will follow the tax laws for NE.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies