Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rathore1jd
Returning Member

Which form should I select in EFTPS to pay estimated federal tax for first year of my S-Corp ? I do not see 1040-ES as option.

I filed 2022 return as self employed. For 2023, started S-Corp and rightnow collecting revenue from clients for my S-Corp. I am not sure, if I need to pay estimated advance tax. If I need to, which form should I select from EFTPS ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Which form should I select in EFTPS to pay estimated federal tax for first year of my S-Corp ? I do not see 1040-ES as option.

Your S corporation is a pass-through entity and, as such, does not pay federal income tax (unless it was formerly a C corporation, which it was not).

As a result, you may need to pay estimated tax on any net income your S corporation passes through to you on a Schedule K-1.

Further, you need to ensure your S corporation is paying you a reasonable salary for services you perform on behalf of the corporation (which salary and withholding will be reported on a W-2 the corporation issues to you).

See https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-news/fs-08-25.pdf

You need to set up an EFTPS account for you personally under your SS#  to pay personal estimated payments.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies