Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

micropayments
Returning Member

Which crypto tax software can generate a Schedule C from Nicehash and Ledger? I have already tried 5 different ones...

I only mine on "Nicehash" and then withdraw the crypto to a "Ledger" external wallet as a business. I live in the USA. So, this can only be reported as Schedule C on my taxes.

I have already tried 5 different crypto tax softwares before and NONE of them can generate a Schedule C so I can import it to my TurboTax.

These are the 5 crypto tax softwares I have tried:

1. Cointracker

2. Koinly

3. Cryptotrader

4. Coinpanda

5. Accointing - Doesnt support Nicehash

All 5 of them above can only generate either a Form 8949, Schedule 1, Schedule D but NOT Schedule C.

What is more weird is that they each have a different total mining income number for 2021 after syncing my Nicehash 2021 account with them.

Can anyone recommend me a Crypto Tax Software so I can generate a Schedule C form from my NiceHash/Ledger accounts?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Which crypto tax software can generate a Schedule C from Nicehash and Ledger? I have already tried 5 different ones...

Crypto tax software can not generate a Schedule C in TurboTax (or any other tax software).  It will provide you with the information needed to complete only a portion of a Schedule C.  You will have to prepare a Schedule C by entering your crypto business information manually.

To enter your self-employment Schedule C crypto information in TurboTax follow these steps:

1. Open or continue your return
  2. Search for schedule c and click the Jump to link in the search results
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  4. If you've already entered self-employment work and need to enter more, select Add another line of work
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your self-employment information.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
micropayments
Returning Member

So, how am I supposed to import the exact Nicehash BTC-mining-rewards I get credited into my account every 4 hours? Each of them needs to be entered individually... so there are hundreds of transactions from year 2021 that sums up to my Schedule C mining income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies