needsmorecoffee

Where would I enter the fees I paid for quick books self employed monthly costs? Misc expenses?

JohnW15

For this self-employment expense, miscellaneous works as well as any other category. 

JohnW15

needsmorecoffee

Thanks. I'm always concerned that adding too many line items under miscellaneous that are supposed to go elsewhere can get me flagged. Even though the numbers will turn out the same in the end. Thanks.
JohnW15

Sure, I see your concern, and that used to be something of a valid concern in the "old days" -- the IRS would sometimes select returns for audit, based only on the total misc expense amount on their printouts, without ever actually looking at the return.  Nowadays, with almost all returns eFiled, they can look at the eFiled return and see when there's nothing fishy going on.  🙂