turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where would I enter the fees I paid for quick books self employed monthly costs? Misc expenses?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Where would I enter the fees I paid for quick books self employed monthly costs? Misc expenses?

For this self-employment expense, miscellaneous works as well as any other category. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

For this self-employment expense, miscellaneous works as well as any other category. 

Thanks. I'm always concerned that adding too many line items under miscellaneous that are supposed to go elsewhere can get me flagged. Even though the numbers will turn out the same in the end. Thanks.
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Sure, I see your concern, and that used to be something of a valid concern in the "old days" -- the IRS would sometimes select returns for audit, based only on the total misc expense amount on their printouts, without ever actually looking at the return.  Nowadays, with almost all returns eFiled, they can look at the eFiled return and see when there's nothing fishy going on.  🙂
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies