Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where to file victim's compensation?

I received Victim's Compensation from the State of California, for lost wages due to a crime and also to pay for medical bills. I don't know where or how to file these. Thanks
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Payments from a state crime victims fund are not taxable. So you don't need to enter them in TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Payments from a state crime victims fund are not taxable. So you don't need to enter them in TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

IS IT LEGAL FOR CALIFORNIA to TAX VICTIM COMPENSATION AWARDS BASED ON LOST WAGES? 

Please respond. I am appealing this illegal process at present. Because that is what they did to my LOST WAGES before releasing the remainder to me, in spite of my vehement protest. They also BASED it upon an erroneous and fraudulent gross annual income. The TAX bracket was also erroneous. This is evidence of intentiontional fraud and vicarious liability, along with employee cover up. This is also in violation of IRS Rule 74-74.

Please respond to:

EIGHTBALL9

@EIGHTBALL9 We do not provide legal advice in this user forum.  If you need legal advice seek it from an attorney.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Wages, no matter where they are paid from, have been and always will be taxable income... so if the settlement included wages they should have withheld taxes on it... the fact that the withholding seems high is not relevant ... you will get the excess refunded to you when you file a tax return.  Seek local council to get your questions answered.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies