Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is Setup.exe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarolynLO

Where is Setup.exe?

5 Replies
CarolynLO

Where is Setup.exe?

Below are instructions on How to install Turbo Tax software for Windows.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900764-how-do-i-install-the-turbotax-software-for-windows

Where is Setup.exe?

I put purchased a 2021Turbotax Premier program disk and put it in the E drive of my computer.  Repeated attempts to Install it have been unsuccessful.   When a window appears I press "SetUp", which is the only option available.   The disk begins to download but stops.  A message says the Turbotax program will not populate because I must use "SetUp.exe".    I cannot do that because SetUp.exe is not on my computer.  So, I tried unsuccessfully to download SetUp.exe from the Microsoft Windows and Turbotax websites.  It appeared to download but it does not install the Turbotax program.   SetUp.exe was not added to my computer's C drive list of programs.  So, I went to "installturbotax.com", as instructed on my Turbotax disk jacket.   There, I tried the download method of installation.  That, too, does not work.  I get a message saying there are missing data pages.  It shows error code #214.   My question is, how can I get SetUp.ex on my computer so I can use it to install my 2021 Turbotax Premier software?

Where is Setup.exe?

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Where is Setup.exe?

Cannot open , nor uninstall TT Deluxe 2023 Using Windows 11 64 bit

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Where is Setup.exe?

See if the guidance in the TurboTax Help article Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows helps with your TurboTax Deluxe issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies