c-a-sherman-67

Where do I go to change filing status to head of household?

SeanE1

To file as head of household follow these steps:

I have included a LINK here that lists the criteria that the IRS uses to determine Head-Of-Household filing status

Assuming that you meet the criteria included in the LINK, please follow the steps below:

• Open your tax return and select the Personal Info tab at the top left of your screen

• When you see the page Personal Info Summary, click Edit next to your Filing Status

• Carefully go through the interview and review your answers paying special attention to the page Did you pay more than half the cost to keep up your home in 2016?

• Make sure to answer I paid more than half the costs to maintain my home.

• Now you should show Head-of-Household as your filing status.

SeanE1