Solved: Where do I enter the amount I have already paid in federal household employment taxes

Where do I enter the amount I have already paid in federal household employment taxes

If the amount withheld were paid to the IRS through 1040-ES payments, enter the amount of your withholding for your domestic employee in Estimates and Other Taxes Paid.

After you finish entering your information in the Nanny Tax section, go to:

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Deductions & Credits >>
  • I'll choose what I work on >>
  • Estimates and Other Taxes Paid >>
  • Estimates
  • Federal Estimated taxes for 2016 (Form 1040-ES)

________________________

"If you pay your household employment taxes with your business employment taxes, you must report your household employment taxes with those other employment taxes on Form 941, Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return, Form 944, Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return, or Form 943, Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees, and on Form 940, Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return."

You can delete your Schedule H from your return as long as your payroll company has filed all required federal returns associated with your domestic employee.  The purpose of the Schedule H is to ensure the payroll taxes are paid and the income is reported to the IRS.  Since filing Forms 941, 940, and W-2 accomplishes this goal you are not required to also file a Schedule H.

Alumni
Alumni

What expenses are you referring to?  (Federal Household Employment Taxes are generally not deductible.)

I have a domestic household employee; we withheld social security taxes and unemployment taxes from her paycheck and paid these amounts to the federal government.  I have entered the information about the amount withheld (and that amount has therefore been added to the total amount I owe in fed taxes) ; but I cant find the spot to enter that this amount was already paid by me during 2016

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Deductions & Credits >>
  • I'll choose what I work on >>
  • Estimates and Other Taxes Paid >>
  • Estimates

________________________

The software should ask the very simple question: do you have a payroll service handle your nanny taxes?  Many people utilize such a service, and the software leads to an overpayment by not asking this simple question.