Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I find the worksheet turbotax used to calculate Form 8911-federal tax credit for EV charging station? Just want to make sure everthing is correct.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Where can I find the worksheet turbotax used to calculate Form 8911-federal tax credit for EV charging station? Just want to make sure everthing is correct.

The credit is calculated directly on the Form 8911.

If you are using the TurboTax online editions, you will need to pay for the TurboTax online account before you can view or download the complete tax return.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2023 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on View payment options. Complete the credit card section and click on Review your order.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on a personal computer -

Click on Forms in the upper right of the desktop program screen using the TurboTax for Windows software.  In Forms mode the Form 8911 will be listed on the left side of the screen.  Click to open the form.  The credit is on Line 19 of the Form 8911.

Thank you. Does that mean, that based on my address, turbotax determined I am in an eligible census tract for the EV charging station credit?  I understand that being in eligible census tract is a newer requirement and this is what I am having difficulty with(GEOID numbers and CDFI tract years and layers). 

@maryrcain-comcas wrote:

Thank you. Does that mean, that based on my address, turbotax determined I am in an eligible census tract for the EV charging station credit?  I understand that being in eligible census tract is a newer requirement and this is what I am having difficulty with(GEOID numbers and CDFI tract years and layers). 

If you entered a valid Census Tract GEOID when completing the Form 8911 along with the address for the location of the charging station you would be eligible for the credit.

When completing the Form 8911 there is a blue link labeled How do I find my Census Tracts GEOID, this will open another screen with detailed information on how to find your 11 digit GEOID.

@maryrcain-comcas I should have written you may or may not be eligible based on your census tract.  If you were eligible then the Form 8911 would be completed in Part III of the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies