turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will the "Explain my Taxes" be fixed?

In the upper left corner where it displays the Federal and State refunds, there's a link to "Explain my taxes". When I click on it, the right side bar appears with an "Oof! Looks like we hit a flat! We're working on it, check back later."

It's been that way for like a week. Is it going to be fixed? I see several other posts on here with people having the same problem (I would have replied to the other thread, except the "Enterprise SSO" bug wouldn't let me view the thread).

Any updates? I want to make sure my State taxes include the Oregon KICKER refund, so I want to see a breakdown of exactly how the #s add up to see if it's in there, and for how much.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

The alternative to "Explain my Taxes" would be to look directly at your forms which is going to tell you everything you need to know. 

If you are looking for the Oregon Kicker credit it would show on line 63 of your OR-40.  You can see your state return by selecting Print My Return under Tools on your online return or by selecting Forms if you are using the download version of TurboTax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I haven't filed yet. I haven't completed my return. It won't let me print my return unless I pay. Is there a way to see the kicker BEFORE filing? Thanks!

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Go to Tools > Tax Tools in the left-side menu.

On the 'Tools Center' pop-up, choose 'View Tax Summary'.

Then, back at the left-side menu, choose either 'Preview my 1040' or 'OR Tax Summary'.

@feelie75 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks MarilynG1, I guess that's a decent start and gives me a high-level overview of my Oregon Taxes, though it still doesn't show me specifically the Kicker credit.

I'm just hoping they can fix the "Explain My Taxes" link, because I believe that gives you a line-by-line breakdown of every single credit that you received and why, which is what I'm looking for overall; with the Kicker credit being my main concern, but I'd like to see the detailed explainations of everything.

Soooooo, I guess I'll just keep waiting until they fix the broken page 🙂 Thanks for all your help though!

The Kicker actually is on line 38, not the line you stated for the OR-40 form:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nuf9xFN8sG2kkB8z8

not sure if that image posted or not. just wanted to fix the error on where it appears on the form. I just filed and it's line 38.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies