Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will the Digital Download Versions of Turbotax Update for the Excluded $10,200 of Unemployment?

I am using the digital download of Turbo Tax Premier 2020.  I have been checking for updates daily. Hoping  that the newest update will include a fix for the $10,200 unemployment exclusion.  I see that last night the TT online version updated to exclude the qualifying employment. 

However, after checking for updates on the digital version this morning there are none.  My return still reflects taxes on the full unemployment.

Is there a time line for when updates will be available for the digital versions of Turbo Tax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When will the Digital Download Versions of Turbotax Update for the Excluded $10,200 of Unemployment?

Please follow the instructions here to run manual updates on your Turbo Tax software. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TRIED THE MANUAL METHOD THAT WAS RECOMMENDED AND THE UPDATE FOR THE EXCLUDED $10,200 OF UNEMPLOYMENT DID NOT HAPPEN.  WHEN WILL THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION BE AVAILABLE??

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The IRS just released more information yesterday, so Turbo Tax is working to get everything updated. 

Please click here to sign up and be notified once everything is up to date. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

We are Hoping for tomorrow March 25.  The Desktop updates usually come out on Thursdays.  They have already updated the online version.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies