Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

celalor

When will form 8915F2-T be available?

IRS website shows it was released but TT is still saying the form is not ready
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I show this form is available.

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Does 8915F2-T exist? Because I went to the forms available it is not listed in the drop down. I look at the IRS  website and that form does not exist. I search within Turbo Tax and see only 8915F not 8915F2-T.

Can you help with this? I tried deleting form, erase cache plus data, used other browser and even download the computer version and web version. 

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Form 8915F does exist.  The 2 means second copy and the T means Taxpayer.  The form is 8915F.

TurboTax is aware of the problem and is working with Developers to resolve it soon.  Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However, some software updates are being implemented which has resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/8/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.  (If you are online, the software will already have all updates loaded.) 

@Brigdog 

Chelsalee

It is now 3/8, can not file still. This is complete madness as I’ve already paid to file my taxes last month but because of this stupid form I can not. What is going on when will this actually be resolved?!

I know right! I was ready to file in January!

I have also paid and got fuss out for posting to multiple TurboTax experts because it seems we are getting conflicting  ways to fix it.

i really don’t know what to do.

It’s 3/8/24 and still can not file. I even did the desktop version and updates. Both still say the 8915f2 not ready. 

celalor

So I went in and deleted everything and started over and was able to file. I spent almost an hour on the phone with Turbotax getting the run around, but deleting and starting over seemed to fix it for me. 

@Cynthiad66 Any updates on this? 

I had to pretty much delete everything and begin again for it to work. I couldn’t start over since I paid. 

rluquias

started over, as in did your taxes again from scratch? Did you change anything, or did you still need to file form 8915F2-T and this time turbo tax processed with that form? 

I was trying to delete for 8915f2-t and it kept coming back. I had to delete mostly in my income section. Anything related to 1099R.  I was able to file without form since it had nothing to do with my situation.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However, some software updates are being implemented that have resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/15/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.  (If you are online, the software will already have all updates loaded.)   

@coffeekeith 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies