Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Civil876

When will FORM 8915 (FOR 2023 TAX RETURN) be ready for this (2024) filing season?

I have been waiting for the form for more than three weeks. All I'm  seeing is that I will have to revisit this section on my tax return, as the form is not ready yet. It is my understanding that the form has been released weeks ago by the IRS, but TurboTax is slow getting the form in the web version so we can finish our return for 2023 taxes :( This is the last year we will be using the form since the remaining 1/3 of the amount we withdrawn for a disaster is due this cycle. PLEASE HELP!!!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

When will FORM 8915 (FOR 2023 TAX RETURN) be ready for this (2024) filing season?

That form should be available today, February 22 according to the forms availability schedule provided by TurboTax: Form Availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Civil876

TY. Well as of today this form is still not available.

TurboTax, can someone please tell me when the form will be ready. Do I need to do my taxes elsewhere? 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

According to the Forms Availability Table, Form 8915-F is available for individual tax returns. If you are using TurboTax for Desktop, the program should automatically update when you restart. Run Federal Review to confirm which forms may be delaying your return.

@Civil876 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kimleyj

Today is Mar 26 2024 and I cannot file my taxes due to the fact that the form 8915 F for tax year 2023 is not available. I used the Turbo Tax online version to prepare my taxes, and I subsequently purchased the Windows software version in the hopes that the form would be available there. Needless to say, I get the same message upon federal review that the form is not yet available. When will the form be available?

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F is available and can be electronically filed according to the Forms Availability site.  You should close your return and do the following depending on what version of TurboTax you are using:

• If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.
    • You can also try using a different browser
  • If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.
    • Make sure you have ran all the updates

@kimleyj 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies