Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will Form 1116 become available?

- Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit

- Form 1116 Sch B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Fantastic! Thanks

What?? The link states Form1116 not available until 3/31/2022, that is unacceptable.  Is there an alternative so I can finish my  taxes?

OOPs There are two entries for Form 1116, I was looking at the wrong entry.  Sorry.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information possible. As part of this process, we communicate often with the taxing agencies.

For up-to-date status, refer your customer to the federal and state forms-availability articles.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

If the form becomes available sooner than currently published on that Help Article, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ralph S
Returning Member

The provided link states the Form 1116 is available now: however, the current update did not download it.

@Ralph S wrote:

The provided link states the Form 1116 is available now: however, the current update did not download it.

I am using the 2021 TurboTax Premier desktop edition for Windows and the update this morning shows the Form 1116 available.

Current Version number for a Windows based TurboTax program is 021.000.0491 (Help>About TurboTax>Version)

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

Ralph S
Returning Member

I'm sorry but it is actually the Schedule B of Form 1116 for loss carryovers that is not available. TurboTax will not allow me to e-file the return and states that it must be mailed.? 

@Ralph S wrote:

I'm sorry but it is actually the Schedule B of Form 1116 for loss carryovers that is not available. TurboTax will not allow me to e-file the return and states that it must be mailed.? 

No problem...Yes, you are correct the Form 1116 Schedule B is not yet available.  It is estimated to be available on 03/31/2022 (possibly sooner) and for tax year 2021 it can only be printed and mailed not e-filed.

Yes indeed. Form 1116 Schedule B has prevented me from eFiling (this notice was only delivered to me *after* I paid the Turbotax fee today...it feels rather arbitrary that it was not declared in the Federal Tax Credit flow). 

Anyone know if it's typical for TurboTax to only make this form available at such a late date?

TaxAct and OLT has it available now for e-file.  TT is the only one that does not.  Request a refund so they start to care and maybe push their tech team to do something a little faster.  Spent a whole day entering in all my info and talking to their "experts" to figure this out and Wham-o, "not supported"....

Are you saying that Form 1116 Schedule B will NOT be available to use for e-filing before April 15th?   Or are you saying that it will be available for e-filing by March 31 or sooner?

If it is not available for e-filing at all, will Turbotax be offering a refund to cover the additional cost of printing and mailing which was not disclosed when I purchased the product?

It is available as of today, 3/3/2022. However, it is incomplete and adv not to e-file, but can file by snail mail, because of Schedule B line 10 carryover has not been updated. Maybe we should wait for additional updates. What a sad story. I paid for TurboTax Deluxe Desktop CD in early December, even after

that the software is not ready for use as of today. When I have paid for e-filing why I should file by mail and delay in getting my refund? 

It is available and useable.  I just had foreign tax from my investment company and answered the appropriate question which generated the 1116  and I just e-filed several minutes ago.  Unless my return gets rejected all seems to be good.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies