ttparsons

When I try and download the returns for 2016, only the state return downloads and not the federal

Why won't my federal return download?  Only the state does

Some users have experienced issues of not receiving complete tax returns from the PDF that was downloaded either from the Welcome Home screen or from the 2016 Timeline.

Try this -

When you land on the Welcome Home screen click on My TurboTax at the top left of the program screen.  This will take you to the 2016 Timeline.  Under the section Some things you can do:  Click on Add a state (you will not actually be adding a state).  This will take you to the 2016 online tax return.  Click on My Account at the top of the program screen.  Click on Print Center.  Click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option All forms