When I finished filing it said my federal refund is $386 and my state is $8 but when I go to review the services I use it says my total refund is $378. Why is that?

Take a closer look at your state information to double check whether you are getting a refund or a balance due.

If it is a balance due, then the screen you are seeing is just combining your Federal amount and your state amount and saying that overall, you are getting a refund of $378 ($386 - $8). 

Your Federal refund amount did not change, it will still be $386.