turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

peter3

When I enter 1099 misc info, and it is the same money that was reported on a 1099K, how do I back that out?

My wife gets paid by check and PayPal and cash. Some clients send her a 1099 misc. PayPal sends her a 1099 K. All the money reported on 1099 MISC is included in the money reported by PayPal, or the General Income reported on schedule C. How do I avoid double counting that income on the 1099 misc? I notice turbotax adjusted my taxes due when I entered the 1099 misc. Should I just subtract that before I enter income on schedule C? What if it is all PayPal payments, and I have to report the income both with the 1099 K from PayPal, and the 1099 misc from the client? Seems like I am paying tax twice on the same money.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

When I enter 1099 misc info, and it is the same money that was reported on a 1099K, how do I back that out?

You shouldn't enter the income twice. You should enter your 1099-misc and remove the amount from general income. You don't need to enter 1099-K directly; you just need to make sure all of the income is reported. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmandaR1

You shouldn't enter the income twice. You should enter your 1099-misc and remove the amount from general income. You don't need to enter 1099-K directly; you just need to make sure all of the income is reported. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies