judy-caton

When does the IRS have forms ready to file? Turbo tax is saying e-file is ready but, when I tried to file I am getting told forms are not ready but, they took the fee.

The forms and schedules included with your tax return have not yet been finalized so that you can file your tax return.  Click on Review and there will be a list of forms and schedules with the dates they will be available.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

The IRS will not be accepting any type of 2017 tax return until January 29, 2018

The IRS will hold all 2017 tax returns that have a tax refund which includes EIC and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit util mid-February.  They will release the tax refunds in late February if there are no errors on the tax return.