Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When asked "Did you also live at this address on Dec 31, 2023?" The answer choices are "yes" or "no, I lived somewhere else." How do I answer this for a deceased parent?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

When asked "Did you also live at this address on Dec 31, 2023?" The answer choices are "yes" or "no, I lived somewhere else." How do I answer this for a deceased parent?

Make sure you have selected the box that you are filing on behalf of a deceased person.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, when it says, “I am preparing this return for……., who has passed away.” I checked the box as well as typed in the date she passed away. It is still asking for her address on the last day of the year.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Answer Yes, and you will enter or respond to the same address for the end of the year.  The box checked 'I am preparing this return for a person who passed away' is self explanatory.  There is not need for concern to indicate your parent lived at the same address on the last day of the year.  For  your parent the last day is their date of death.

I send my sincere sympathies for your loss.

@llpbosco2014 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies