spaceynyc

What should I do if I filed with $0 return and wasn’t asked for payment info? For stimulus check?

In 2018, I filed with Turbo Tax and received a refund from the government. That banking info from 2018 is no longer valid as I no longer own that account. This year I filed, but there was $0 owed to me and $0 I owed the government, therefore I was not asked for any banking info. What do I do to update my banking info for the stimulus check to my current checking account?

KrisD15

Please use this new link to register:

Register for stimulus

spaceynyc

The issue with that page is that I did file my taxes already, so I can’t sign up again. I submitted my taxes but it came out $0 owed with my deductibles entered in. So I wasn’t asked for any payment information and therefore I wasn’t able to update it for the IRS and the stimulus checks. That’s my issue. So neither of those options on that page apply to me.

DianeC958

The IRS is going to have available a portal where you can add your banking information so you can receive a direct deposit of the Stimulus Check.  

It should be available later this month.

@spaceynyc