Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What should I answer "how did you file taxes last year?" in case that I used turbotax last year.

I am filing my tax return for 2023 now, and I got this question. I did my tax return with turbotax last year and I successfully received refund. However, there is no option that "E-filed with TurboTax". Is anyone who knows which one I should select among the five options listed below? Also, I am wondering why this question/issue comes up during my tax filing.

How did you file taxes last year?
It looks like you started, but didn't successfully e-file the 2022 return with TurboTax. We'll use this info to guide you through the next steps.
1.E-filed with a different tax software
2.Filed with a CPA
3.Printed and mailed tax return
4.Tried to e-file, but was rejected
5.Didn't file taxes

I would appreciate it if you could let me know about this. Thank you. 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What should I answer "how did you file taxes last year?" in case that I used turbotax last year.

You must be in a different account this year if it doesn't see last years return.  Or did you use the Desktop program last year?  It says you didn't file last year.  

You may not have imported 2022's taxes when you started your Federal Return. I'm not sure if you can go back and import it now, or how that will affect the work you have already done.

Yes. I used the desktop program last year. Thank you for your advice. I successfully filed my taxes by finding AGI in my previous tax document in the Desktop program. 

Yes. I imported the file in the middle of my tax filing. Thank you for your response. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies