12victoriar

What is the minimum amount needed to make to file a tax return?

I have recently moved to WV from FL, my earnings in FL were exceeding the 10,000 but my earnings in WV were not passed the 10,000. Do I still need to file a state tax and add the wages from WV to my f
LisaBr

What was the date of your move to West Virginia from Florida?  Has WV taken taxes out on your income earned in WV?
12victoriar

The date I moved was 10/03/17, and it says the minimum is 10,000 in income. But I don’t know if that applies for federal as a whole number or just your income in each state. Yes on my W2 I have paid taxes, under box 17 (state income tax) it says 117.00
LisaBr

West Virginia is only concerned with the money you made there and taxes you owe them. 

You should file as a Part-year Resident

West Virginia will ask you to allocate the amount made in West Virginia against your total income figure.  This may include other income such as dividends and interest.

You will probably be getting a refund from West Virginia, returning the amount of taxes you paid them.