Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is reject code f8960

Turbo Tax could introduce a work-around to this problem.  It is a symptom of lazy coding that creates a document unnecessarily, rather than by working through a thorough logic tree.  Other providers with better algorithms do not have this issue.

Yes the IRS has a problem, but Turbo Tax could avoid the problem ever being encountered for a majority of submissions.

It is just a lazy response to a major issue with their software that is impacting thousands of users.

TT is now saying "This issue will be resolved on February 19, 2023"

Doubt that's true, after the horrible way they've dealt with this, and not addressed it, and lack of communication, so take it with a grain of salt or two, but that's what they're saying now.

Where did TT post the Feb. 19th date?

@pjmars  In my account, clicked on "Fix My Return" from the homepage, it shows Reject Code F8960-019-04, I click on revisit, and it says: 

"What needs to be done:
This return cannot be electronically filed due to a processing error on Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. This issue will be resolved on February 19, 2023. On or after this resolution date you may resubmit this return for electronic filing."

I'm getting the same issue. Re-filing on or after February 19 is what TT is saying.

I just did ours and got the rejection. Said to try on 2/19.

gchambers65
Returning Member

My return is prepared correctly, but it was rejected due to the reject code Form 8960.  I received a message from Turbo Tax that this issue would be resolved by February 19, 2023 at which time I could refile the return.  Is this the date the IRS expects to fix this error?  If not, why am I receiving this message?

Gail

If anyone has any success and tries before 2/19, please post!

Has anyone tried recently? Or are we all waiting for 02/19 😊

amk3
Level 2

I’m waiting. I read on a feed that if you’re rejected too many times the IRS will make you mail it in. Not sure if that’s true but that would be a huge bummer. 

I’m waiting!!!

Hoping to hear from someone who has resubmitted after 2/19 and had success.  Who is going to be the guinea pig for the group?  🙂

This is so frustrating!

I have this same issue. See the detailed post at https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/federal-return-rejection-reject-code-f8960-019-04...

Supposedly this is an IRS issue that will be fixed by tomorrow (Feb 19, 2023). IMHO, Even if that is so, apparently Intuit has known about this issue, so it would have been nice to add a warning BEFORE we filed, rather than cause frustration with the rejected return.

Sbsla

Any update folks? My online submission was rejected on 2/9 and it's been 10 days since I tried since then. 

Please advice. 

I just tried e-filing AGAIN for the 9th time. waiting for the rejection now. it's been 45 minutes, that's the longest amount of time yet, but I'm still not hopeful. typically it's rejected within 20 minutes. It is a holiday weekend too so that may be why it's taking longer.

I don't see any update on the irs site about the issues. They still show the same estimation of mid Feb-March. We'll see shortly.

I don't believe there is a limit to how many times you try to file. Per the IRS, as I said in the other post about this issue, there is only a limit of filing times if it has to do with a security item such as a wrong social or address, etc... then they will only allow 5 tries. I've tried e-filing federal now 9 times and AZ state 4 times, just because I have to wait to file the fed before trying the state again since tt asks for a payment again. tt told me to wait for the fed to be accepted then call them for a new code to re-file the state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies