Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is reference code # 2-221-702 ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

So what is reference code # 2-221-702 exactly? I'm just not understanding the definition  

2-221-702

It's a glitch. They are fixing it he said. I called Turbo Tax and they said if you have more than 1 1095-A then ppl are reporting this message and not able to file. He said try again in a few days.
amphead1

I got that code almost 2 weeks ago and after submitting and calling Turbotax , I came to the conclusion that it's best to go to H & R Block online. This glitch will never be fixed and they want you to upgrade.

This is a known problem for a Form 1095-A.  See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4670562-check-this-entry-form-1095-a-reference-code-2-221-702

rao1
Level 2

Even with the error code, I could go to the filing stage. The FAQ doesn't say whether I can file my taxes or not. Or is it an implicit "NO"?
ggg1

I'm facing the same error. I received one Form 1095A first, and then received a corrected one later on. However, I did enter info only from the corrected one.

I don't have two (2)
ggg1

Quick update: In my situation, the error is gone, when turbotax runs the check on the tax return info
rao1
Level 2

Lucky you! Or you're using desktop version. I couldn't e-file ... There is only a code number, no indication as to where the problem is, or what to fix.

This is a problem they know about. Told me it should take around 2 days to fix. Nothing we are doing wrong.
danib978

Thank you
ggg1

FYI, I was using the Web application, not the Desktop version. Problem is fixed on the Web app in my case. I hope it works for everyone else as well.
wbrintn

I finally had to make a decision since I only had limited time to complete my return due to work schedule. I decided to combine all of my 1095-A forms (I had 4 for 2018) into one. Since all of the forms had zeros where the others had values I chose the form that had the most data in it and just took the data from the other forms and typed it in. I had even tried importing the PDFs that I had downloaded from healthcare.gov to no avail. This may not have been the correct way to file but I was on a time line and this  was my time to complete my taxes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies