turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Blake94

What is going on with irs?

I filed my taxes jan 27, 2020, I had EIC and ACTC on my return. I waited and waited just for the irs to mail me a letter in March of 2020 informing me my return had errors and that it is now in review. IRS told me to file a 1040X and fix it. So I mailed it April and they received it April 8, 2020. When i check the status it says "your return has not been processed sorry for any inconvenience." I have talked to the IRS 12 times to figure this issue out and they cant give me any information as to why it has not been processed. I received another letter in the mail asking for more info (proof of relationship, proof of joint financial accounts, ect.). I got all this information and certify mailed it beginning of December and still no update and when i call to check on it now i cant get ahold of anyone to get any information. Last time i called i cannot get an advocate because im not suffering a financial hardship like eviction and they are not serving any other cases due to the virus. What am i supposed to do? Im getting highly upset and cant find any answers anywhere. So if anyone can suggest any further action i can take or give me some clarity id greatly appreciate it 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

"I received another letter in the mail asking for more info (proof of relationship, proof of joint financial accounts, ect.). I got all this information and certify mailed it beginning of December"

IRS is taking a lot of time on 1040X mailed in 2020, even without requesting more proof documents.

You'll just have to wait some more.

hayesj452012
Returning Member

Where is my money 

What money?  2019 refund or 2020 refund or the Stimulus payments?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies