Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Katydid1
Returning Member

"What-if-Worksheet" not working TT Premier 2022

I filed my 2022 taxes using TT Premier 2022 (Mac).  I thought I could begin working on my 2023 taxes by using the "what-if" worksheet from that software, but I can not seem to enter and save data in most of the fields.   It even had a checkbox to use 2023 tax rates, but the checkmark disappears.  I can enter data, but then I can't leave that field.  I tried tab and return, or just clicking elsewhere, but whatever I do, the entered information just disappears.  I seem to remember using this feature successfully in the past.  When I first launched the app now, it suggested updates were available which I did.  Should this worksheet work this way? 

Alternately, I suppose I could just create a new duplicate file & fill out ALL of the forms with changes as though it was for a 2022 tax return, manually entering information without entering 2023 dates.  It does not have to be 100% accurate, but just give me a general idea of what my taxes would be like (even if for 2022).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Is one of the boxes checked in the "Clear amounts in column" section at the top of the What-If Worksheet? That would make it do what you are describing. Uncheck the "Clear amounts" checkboxes and the worksheet will work properly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Is one of the boxes checked in the "Clear amounts in column" section at the top of the What-If Worksheet? That would make it do what you are describing. Uncheck the "Clear amounts" checkboxes and the worksheet will work properly.

Katydid1
Returning Member

Maybe, but I can't recall.  I then tried clicking around and DID check the box to clear some partial entries.  Now unchecked and seems to be working  . . . THANK YOU!  (fingers crossed)

Yes I had a lot of trouble exactly like that on my windows Home & Business version.  Don't know what I did to finally fix it.  Clicking diff things or updating the program or even updating Windows.  It wouldn't take my entries.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies