turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1tempzz3

What if Im self employed, missed the April 15th 2019 deadline to file for 2018 and didn't file for an extension?

I missed the April 15th 2019 deadline to file for 2018. I am self-employed and currently in the process of filing with TurboTax. It shows I'm still getting a tax refund for 2018 but I still have to pay taxes which "reflects" on my federal tax return. What does that mean?

Since it's past the deadline, I didn't file for an extension and I owe taxes, what should I expect? What should I do next?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if Im self employed, missed the April 15th 2019 deadline to file for 2018 and didn't file for an extension?

check federal and state . you can not both owe and be due a refund for either. - owe for one refund for other is possible

[]

"reflects" See Merriam-Webster.com, meaning 3c :  to have a bearing or influence
TomD8
Level 15

There is no penalty for filing your federal return late if you are due a refund.  See this for more details:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/filing-your-taxes-late/L7IhvwH9b

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies