bethanyblair1991

What if I was claimed as a dependant on my boyfriend's 2019 return? We are not married and he claims head of household and our 2 children! Do i still need to file to recieve the stimulus payment or wi

if you are being claimed as a dependent then you are not eligible for the stimulus payment.

fanfare

Do you work? If you made $4,200 or more your boyfriend is not able to claim Head of Household in this manner. 

In which case, you should file single with two dependents.

You will get the $2,200 stimulus if your kids are under age 17.

He will get the $1,200 filing Single status.

even if you made less than $4,200, filing this way may be better.

fanfare