Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

veekeey47

What happens when the insurance is only paid for five months, how or what do you enter for the rest of the months?

I am doing my taxes and I do not know what to put in the columns on the medical insurance page.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

What happens when the insurance is only paid for five months, how or what do you enter for the rest of the months?

Your question is unclear.  Did you only pay for insurance for 5 months and then the insurance was cancelled?  Or did you buy insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace?  If the former, just list that amount as the amount you spent for health insurance.

If the latter, make sure to include in the return the "Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement" you should have received in the mail from your health insurer.  If you didn't receive it or can't find it, you should be able to download a copy from your health insurance online account.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

If you are talking about the Marketplace insurance, you would just leave blank the months that have no numbers in them. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies