Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

azurock

What happened to the audit risk meter?

I was too far into it to a) not continue and b) find another vendor. I crossed my fingers and paid the fee. I,too, relied on the meter.
iudoka

This is the dumbest move ever, had me searching for a good amount of time until I googled.  I'm paying 200 bucks plus and no audit risk meter?  Like really?  I'll be looking elsewhere next year, this year I'm too far in and its way to late to switch, thats the only reason you guys are getting my money!
dennis5

seriously? wtf.

Like every other commenter, I too think that was the most comforting part of using this program. Everyone wants assurance that they didn't make mistakes. Bring it back!
jorestes

Like everyone else before me, I'd like to reiterate what an asinine decision this is. The ONLY reason this product is worth the premium we pay for it is appealing little features like this.
diciocd

I just filed only and paid my $120, and like everyone else noticed it was gone. just read the responses above.. I feel exactly the same way. WHY is there any functionality on the software version that is not available on the web version when is WAY more expensive???   BRING IT BACK

Absolutely agree.  Paid $155 for my returns and now this?  Only so they can try to sell you the Audit Defend product.   Total BS.  Paid a lot more to Intuit this year than last and they degrade the product.

As the industry is motivating clients to transition to online/software-as-a-service by providing online only features that are NOT available to desktop versions, this move by Intuit is ass backwards and plain short sighted. Bring it back.
shuangie

To remove this feature from the cloud is extremely counter intuitive, and completely does not make sense for customers.

I agree, this is insane to simply remove the audit risk meter.  I did not notice until after I filed and the next day, I was like "what happened to the audit risk meter".  Completely stupid!

stupid move.  i am not sure if i will use turbotax next year if they don't bring it back online.
aviking

I wasn't happy this year at all. The audit meter gave me piece of mind. Considering the price, I'll be going to see an actual tax person next year. This was way more of a headache than it's worth.
rliban

I did my taxes with turbo tax this year because of that feature. Now I finish and it doesn't show up. Very unsatisfied.
andreuha

Regardless of whether or not the reasoning was sound, this change was a surprise for a feature that was definitely nice to see. If nothing else, this inspired me to look up other products.

Looking for another alternative hadn't even crossed my mind the last several years, until I went to submit and was wondering "where is the audit meter?". I was lazy and filed anyway, but 100% next year my taxes are being filed super early and TurboTax will be head-to-head with at least one other major competitor (that will determine whether or not I keep referring people to TurboTax, or go back to everyone I've turned onto it and advice them to switch too).
espamalot

Tax Year 2016's TurboTax was a horrible experience in many other ways besides just the stripped Audit Meter. There seemed to be many bugs for instance when scrolling through forms when correcting issues (at least in a fully up-to-date Safari browser on a Mac). This stupid program was totally NOT worth the expense. It was absolutely zero help when filling in numbers for AMT (no help buttons anywhere). Our tax laws are clearly too complicated and even worse TurboTax is making us fill in too many pieces of MEANINGLESS info (such as disposition pages on a sold K1 asset that have nothing to do with what gets filled into a Schedule E or 8949). TurboTax is now more a hinderance than a help in filling in tax forms. For about twice the price I paid I know I can hire an accountant to do my taxes for me (and completely remove my risk for audit).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies