rstrst

What do I enter for rent certificate signing date when landlord refuses to sign?

I live in Wisconsin and trying to complete the Homestead Credit. Landlord refuses to sign the rent certificate. This form is needed for my taxes, so I can't just delete it. Turbotax keeps asking for a date signed. What do I enter since the landlord refuses to sign the rent certificate?

NicoleU

Per Wisconsin, "If your landlord won't sign your rent certificate, fill in the fields above line 1, as well as lines 1-8b, and attach canceled checks or money order receipts for each month to verify your rent. Any portion not verified will not be allowed."

For more information, please click this Wisconsin link: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/pcs-homesteadreview.aspx