Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jqlemieux

What do I do if I have 0.00 entered in a few months on my 1095-A? It will not allow me to move forward with 0.00 amount

A few of the months I had coverage, but through my job.  One month I did not have coverage at all
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What do I do if I have 0.00 entered in a few months on my 1095-A? It will not allow me to move forward with 0.00 amount

For the months where you were not covered for health insurance through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges or from healthcare.gov, leave all the columns for those months blank (empty), remove the 0's.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This may help you to move forward.  

If everyone in the coverage family is ineligible for any given month then the SLCSP is zero for those months.  In TurboTax, something greater than zero is needed for the calculations.  

• Enter $1 in column B for SLCSP for months everyone covered was ineligible.  

Please update here if you need further assistance and we will help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jqlemieux

Hi,

Thank you for responding. 
I did have coverage for 5 of the months with a 0, so I was not ineligible. I have a 1095-C for those months as the company I work for was sold and I was able to get on the new company’s insurance (July -December). So in reality I only was without coverage for 1 month, January. 

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Please ensure that you do not enter zeros in any of the required fields of the program. If you have already entered zeros, please delete them and leave those fields blank. To return to the 1095-A form, follow these steps:

1. Open or continue your tax return.
2. Use the search function and enter "1095-A".
3. Select "Jump to 1095-A" to navigate to the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies