Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

luked3

What do I do if a form is not available until 2/18/21, but my return is due 1/31/21?

I did not pay my Q4 estimated taxes for self-employment by January 15 since I  planned on filing my return by January 31. But TurboTax tells me form Form 8995-A, Qualified Business Income Deduction is not available until 2/18. What should I do with the pending deadline?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What do I do if a form is not available until 2/18/21, but my return is due 1/31/21?

There’s nothing you can do. Most forms are delayed because of last minute changes in the tax law because the IRS hasn’t released the forms, not because TurboTax is intentionally delaying anything. TurboTax can’t include a form until it has been approved by the IRS and then the programming of that form into TurboTax also has to be reviewed and approved by the IRS, and the IRS is very backlogged this year.

Make an estimated payment now. If the IRS assesses a penalty because the payment was not made before January 15, you can apply for a penalty waiver for just cause.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

There’s nothing you can do. Most forms are delayed because of last minute changes in the tax law because the IRS hasn’t released the forms, not because TurboTax is intentionally delaying anything. TurboTax can’t include a form until it has been approved by the IRS and then the programming of that form into TurboTax also has to be reviewed and approved by the IRS, and the IRS is very backlogged this year.

Make an estimated payment now. If the IRS assesses a penalty because the payment was not made before January 15, you can apply for a penalty waiver for just cause.  

There is nothing you can do but wait ... but  you could make a late estimated payment now.

luked3

Thank you. That is very helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies