ruyler500

What are the tax ramifications of co-owning a my daughter's first home. Would co-signing be better for when she sells?

if I'm co-owner and she sells or refinances to get the title in her name. Can I just "give" her my share?

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish?

Is your daughter unable to qualify for a loan by herself (without a co-signer)? 

one additional piece of info. do you live in the house or is it only her? co-ownership when one party does not occupy the house usually produces the worst tax results. sold at a gain, it would be allocated between the owners based on their ownership %. the non-tenant would not qualify for any home sale exclusion. 

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing