turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ganvin2

I got relocated back to my home country and no longer have a valid US address. Can I request UPS to forward my IP PIN to my friend's address [A Valid US address].

Am I allowed to forward IRS mail to my Friend's address? Since I no longer have a valid US address.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I got relocated back to my home country and no longer have a valid US address. Can I request UPS to forward my IP PIN to my friend's address [A Valid US address].

File a form 8822 to report the address change so the IP PIN will be mailed directly to you ...

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

ganvin2

Its mentioned that it will take around 4 - 6 weeks to update the address. I am not sure my address will get updated before they send out the IP pin.

Well you don't have much choice at this point ... your other option is to put in a forwarding address with the post office.
ganvin2

Thanks for your response.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies