turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

cfrancoi

we've run into an issue connecting with your computer and can't launch turbotax

It's Feb 2024 and my install of TT Deluxe has the same issue.  TT phone support is worthless, only referring me to the list of "restart your router, disable firewall and VPN, yadda yadda."  I had a hunch it was a DNS issue and sure enough my log file indicates trouble resolving webs-entitlement-v1.api.intuit.com.  nslookup does not resolve that with my default servers, but does when I override with 8.8.8.8 or from my ISP.   nslookup is resolving webs-entitlement-v1.api.intuit.com with ipconfig modified, but TT itself still gets the same error.

I'm left with trying to install on other PCs or trying to run it while using another network connection.

Don't buy the TT download from target.com if you expect a refund.  They are giving me the run around claiming that they did their part, which is true, but the product is flawed and target won't stand behind it.

This issue has apparently persisted for years with no resolution.  I could have done my taxes with pencil and paper several times over by now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies