Solved: We purchased TurboTax Federal NOT TurboTax Federal & State. If I return for refund and purchase TT F&S, can I continue using my existing .tax file, or input again?

zmatt_sand

We purchased TurboTax Federal NOT TurboTax Federal & State. If I return for refund and purchase TT F&S, can I continue using my existing .tax file, or input again?

Yes you still use the same file.  Did you buy Basic or the Deluxe without state?  Hope you can get a refund.  Where did you buy it?  Most places don’t take CD back.  Or you can buy the state for your program.   But it might be cheaper if you can get a refund and buy Deluxe with the state.

zmatt_sand

I purchased Deluxe without State.  Costco says they'll refund.  We'll see if they do.