Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

We moved this year

We moved this year. How do we file this? 

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

We moved this year

If you moved from one state to another, for federal tax purpose nothing changes accept your mailing address and if you are in active military duty you may get tax deduction if you qualify. 

For state taxes, you may have to file state tax returns for both the states depending on your situation and if those states are not tax-free.

Please let me know if you need any clarification on the above or have any additional questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies