lurkerraider

Was out of work for 3 months. had surgery on my foot. I got disability income while out. Federal and Fica was taken out made $55,000 besides. How do i claim on my taxes

You enter your W-2 as usual.  And if you receive a W-2 for the short-term disability, you enter it.  Click Add a W-2.

Disability Income

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901145-is-disability-income-taxable

MEDICAL EXPENSES

The medical expense deduction has to meet a rather large threshold before it can affect your return. The amount of medical expenses that will count toward itemization is the amount that is OVER 7.5% of your adjusted gross income. You should only enter the amount that you paid in 2017—do not include any amounts that were covered by insurance or that are still outstanding.  Of course, your medical expenses plus your other itemized deductions still have to exceed your standard deduction before you will see a difference in your tax due or refund.

To enter your medical expenses go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Medical>Medical Expenses

Is this from an employer disability plan?  If so you will get a W-2 for it.

Disability Income

MEDICAL EXPENSES